Tuesday, September 20, 2016

From Deluted Apple Juice to H2O

I have a confession. Unless it's exactly what they want to drink, my kids rule their sippy cups with furious passion, and refuse to drink. Well, that what I told myself after a couple of difficult days of opposition. "You know what? It's not worth it! Have some apple juice. As long as you're drinking and staying hydrated I don't care anymore."

Moments of weakness, I know. But that was just for hard days and doesn't apply to every day. I can help my children make healthy beverage choices early! So...then I feel like if I dilute it half and half with water, it's not so bad and they can drink milk or apple juice. But even then, I haven't felt very comfortable with the idea of them constantly drinking apple juice. Water however should be the staple, so, I'm charting a course to get them to drink water more willingly! (Good job, Dad! Way to be a parent instead of a friend.) Aww, thanks everybody!



So it begins. Milk in the morning if they want, then their next sippy (another goal is to move completely away from sippy cups, but we'll tackle that in another post.) Water! Pictured here is their first cup of water! I'll alternate off and on through-out the day,check at snack time (9:30) on how much they drink. This will help keep them hydrated while not completely adjusting what they're use to or give in every time they ask. Here goes establishing better boundaries. Small, but important, all the same!



To follow updates on this project visit: http://jandjparenting.blogspot.com/2016/09/accountability-updates-from-deluted.html

No comments:

Post a Comment